Saturday, September 1, 2012

When life gives you lemons, refuse to make lemonade.

The saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" is supposed to be an encouragement to do your best when you hit a sour patch. Seriously though, why would you want to make lemonade? It's the most expected, common, unimaginative thing you could do with lemons. Why would you want to do something simply because it's expected of you and very predictable? I don't want to make damn lemonade, why not a 3-tier lemon souffle cake? Or even, I want to make my own lemon castle and charge people to visit!

My point is that one should not just choose to pass the wind but rather take the option to "WOW" one's self and everyone else. (In a good way. No streaking through your internship building, please.) Go the extra mile and surprise yourself. 

There's this 16-year-old who solved a mathematical equation from Isaac Newton when no one could for the past 300++ years, get this, while working on a school project. When I read that in the newspapers, I just wanted to stand right up in my train seat and clap. It's more than just the fact that he could very much be a genius, it's the idea that he jumped into it for a school project without knowing if he could do it or not. He could've easily picked something mathematically complicated but still be sure of the results and yet he didn't. Isn't that just fun? 

Our lives' achievements which we could be most proud of are those of when we take a risk. I want to keep this lemonade deal my mantra, open new doors for myself, learn and produce more than what is expected of me. So I'd say, when life gives you lemons, refuse to make lemonades. Unless that lemonade is for your lemon castle's moat, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment